Wednesday, December 21, 2016

We're the Only Ones Reassuring Enough / Meanwhile, Across the Pond in Piers Morgan Paradise

“Don’t be alarmed if you do see our armed officers, they are there purely for reassurance and to make people feel safe.” [More]
The problem is, requiring an effete populace to rely on feelings hardly encourages thinking. And naturally "progressive" policies have an Opposite Day effect.

I saw the trailer for "Dunkirk" the other day. Livia Augusta, Robyn Cunningham, David Rooke, and Elsbeth Webb sure sound like they deserve none of the terrible sacrifices that allowed them to grow up contemptible Eloi.

May the ones who keep their heads enjoy their chains and their burqas.

For the record: I wouldn't.

[Via Jeet]

2 comments:

JohnnyDerp said...

I wonder what the critics are saying and feeling in light of the Berlin Christmas Market attack?

GaryM said...

I notice that they use the term "make them feel safe" rather than keep them safe. If I had a choice, I choose the latter, and to do it myself as well.