Tuesday, May 09, 2017

The Undiscover'd Country

[More]
A man was found dead of a possibly-self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head Monday morning on a street corner in Fuquay-Varina, according to statements from the town’s police and a town spokeswoman. Police said they’d been told the Robert Eugene Owens, 46, of Fuquay-Varina, might have inflicted the injury on himself, but stopped short of saying that was definitely the case. [More]
Here's the statement from Bearing Arms.

Now is the time to process internally. I may have more to say later, but then again, I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking anything all of you haven't thought of.

A GoFundMe account has been set up for the family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've followed Bob Owens since his Confederate Yankee days, so this is a bit of a shock. (An old friend of mine died yesterday, too, so I'm already grieving.) Mr. Owens was a enigma in life, both pro liberty and pro law enforcement. I both agreed and disagreed with him at various stages of his blogging career. Coming so soon after Grigg and Kevin at WeaponsMan, this one sets off my black swan meter just a little bit, too.

Prayers for the family, and others left behind.

Scott
III N TN

JohninMd (HELP!?!!) said...

Damn. None of us know the Demons our fellows live with. I grieve for his family, but there's no sense to be seen here...